Yesterday I finished sewing the square-in-a-square blocks for a small lap sized quilt top flimsy. Since I already had a batting ready for it the only thing I needed was a backing. Most of my fabric stash is in small pieces but I had a few larger pieces that I originally had intended for a stuffed dragon years ago. Now I have a large enough backing ready to rent more time on the longarm. I'm undecided whether I should do the Chestnut Swirls pantograph again or try for something leafy. I'll wait until I get to the machine to make a last minute decision.
I'm glad I got this done yesterday as today was spent getting the house clean for a visit from my in-laws. No time for sewing but maybe I'll finish drafting one of the NY beauty blocks and add the seam allowances.