My first original cloth dolls are finally complete! I did the last ponytail yesterday. The turquoise doll needed to have brown eyes and straight hair so I gave her "Princess Leia ponytails" .. just a little twist knot bun with a ponytail. Then the purple doll needed to have blue/grey eyes with curly hair so she got a very long braid. Lots of texture with both hairstyles and I hope that they are fun enough for young school girls. They've come a long way from those first gangly limbed doll prototypes.
I had fun with this last photoshoot ... if you want to see my make shift way of doing it, go to my instagram here ... lemontreetami instagram link. Dolls make the best models ... they never change a pose unless you want them to.
Now that they're done I can say that all the long hours designing an original cloth doll from the first sketch to the many ugly doll prototypes was worth it. It's a great feeling to have started from an idea to a final doll. They just need a spray or two of spray fixative then they'll be on their way to California to two little girls who have been patiently awaiting their arrival.