It's been a while but last week I made ten more blocks for the Fractured Quilt. I added these five 'C' and five 'D' blocks to the first eight (four 'A' and four 'B' blocks). It's amazing how with the addition of just these few blocks the design is starting to show through. It's certainly going to be a very bright and colorful quilt. It's starting to get a little exciting. Maybe I can fit in six more blocks to complete these three columns.
One or two blocks were sewn piece by piece but the others were done by chain piecing. By far I like the chain piecing better. Especially after my favorite sewing machine, the Bernina Aurora, came back from a professional cleaning. It turns out that a little piece of grey thread had wrapped itself around an internal part of the take-up lever. It wasn't affecting the sewing performance ... yet. Luckily we caught it before it did serious damage. So it's a good thing to take your sewing machine in for a professional service every once in a while. Now my machine is good to go for quite a long time.